Delegations of Ministry of Tourism Attend in the UNTWO’s Meeting of Committee of Tourism and Sustainability
(Saint Petesburg, Russia): On 10th September 2019, delegations of the Ministry of Tourism had attended in the Committee of Tourism and Sustainability, and Committee of Tourism and Competition Meetings of UNWTO, on the occasion of 23rd General Assembly of UNWTO in Saint Petesburg, Russia. The two committees had discussed and endorsed on the some points to provide recommendations to nations in the world for implementation of sustainable and inclusive their respective tourism sectors as following:
- Need to improve the roles of tourism sector in realization of Sustainable Development Goals of the UN’s 17 organics;
- Need to have policy on the utilization and manufacturing for tourism field;
- Sustainable tourism development is focused on product development and consideration on human capital and policy preparation;
- UNWTO urges member nations to have the sustainable tourism development follow up mechanisms, utilizing appropriate indicators and measurement;
- UNWTO inspires member nations to take part as members of (International Network of Sustainable Tourism INSTO) ( Cambodian Ministry of Tourism cooperates with UNWTO in holding a meeting of INSTO on the upcoming November 2019, at Siem Reap province;
- UNWTO requested to have tourism supplying based – qualified mechanisms;
- UNTWO asked to have tourism policy responded to 17 Sustainable Development Goals;
- In time ahead, UNWTO will study on how the world can speed up solutions to climate change through tourism sector
Based on discussion on tourism sector via national and international tourist travelling (personal car, bus, train, and airplane) will emit CO2, equivalent to 5, 3% in 2030 (only 5% in 2016). On the sideline of attending the committee meeting, delegations met to discuss works with Mr. Xu Jing; Asia Pacific Regional Director of UNWTO about the preparation of cooperation works in time ahead.
Delegations also took part in high level forum on Medical and Health Tourism by UNWTO instructed member nations to need to prepare in receiving these tourists who are sharply increasing in previous time and in the future by during the last recent years, there were average growth of 25% in a year.