Waikato University of New Zealand to Support Cambodia’s National Institute of Tourism
(Hamilton): On July 05, 2019, His Excellency Minister Thong Khon met for work discussion with Mrs. Allison Kirkman, Vice Rector and Mr. Christ Ryan, Rector of University of Waikato, to discuss about tourism professional training cooperation and human resource development in tourism. His Excellency Minister stressed the importance of a bond cooperative partnership in training and developing human resource in tourism in response to market demand in future, especially contributing to the realization to Cambodian tourism development strategic direction. In response, the Waikato University side supported to the practical requests of Cambodian Ministry of Tourism, including:
1. Providing technics and researchers to assist to National Institute of Tourism;
2. Ecotourism development and Cambodian tourism communities;
3. Training on tourism management and hospitality as well as Big Data Analysis System for tourism sector and other necessary skills;
4. Providing Scholarships to Cambodian youths and students to study at Waikato University;
5. Creating to have study exchange between experts and tourism skilled students between Waikato University and Cambodia’s universities;
Particularly, at the same morning, Cambodian delegates visited New Zealand Management Academy by having been met for work discussion and strengthen cooperation on tourism professional training which, at university; delegations had been warmly hospitalized and welcomed by artist groups of university who song the indigenous music in utmost cordially atmosphere.