On the morning of July 10, 2019, the Ministry of Tourism, in association with General Commissariat of National Police of the Ministry of Interior and Battambang Tourism Department, had held a workshop on “Improving Security and Safety for Tourists”, at the President hotel, Battambnag city, Battambang province, under presidencies of H.E. Hor Sarun, Undersecretary of States of the Ministry of Tourism and highly Representative of H.E. Dr. Thong Khon, Minister of Tourism; H.E. Uy Sotheavy, Deputy Governor of Battambang province; and Lieutenant General Hoeurng Sam Al, Deputy Director of Tourist Police Department of the Ministry of Interior, with the total 70 participants, from related ministries, departments, institutions, units and tourism business and services bases in Battambang city. This workshop was initiated with the aims to strengthen the high attention to hospitalizing, welcoming and greeting tourist forwards to making the increasing of security and safety protections for tourist; enhancing the inspection of security and safety system, and fitness of tourism business and services bases, tourism resorts, as well as advertising, encouraging all tourism businesses, tourism resorts and related services which are serving in tourism sector to participate effectively in safeguarding a greater security and safety for tourism in Battambang province. Please inform that, within the workshop, a series of presentations, lectured by specialized speakers focusing on relevant topics as following:
– Report on tourism sector and security, tourist safety in Battambang province (by Mr. Noun Tha, Vice President of Battambang Tourism Department).
– Good hospitality, Tourist Safety (by Mr. Tep Virak, Head of Tourist Safety Improvement Office)
– Improving the tasks of security, safety, order, prevention and crackdown on general criminal offense for tourists in Battambang province (by Lieutenant Colonel Sun Naratipadie, Vice Head of Battambang Tourist Police Office).
– Security and property protection for tourist (by Mr. Choek Kearun, Deputy Director of Security and Tourist Safety Department).
– Preparing health system, emergency secure and other aiding tools at the tourist destinations (by Mr. Chhuom Sopath, Representative of Battambang Health Department).
– Tasks on security, order, and safety for tourist and necessary measures for tourists (by Lieutenant General Hoeurng Sam Al, Deputy Director of Tourist Police Department of the Ministry of Interior). Please be noted that following the workshop was concluded, all trainers will be handed over certificate. This seminar had been completely concluded in 12:00’clock in the most cordially, friendly atmospheres!