Cambodia – Thailand Agree Each Other to Continue the Shared Tourism Cooperation 2019 – 2021 Focusing on Boosting Tourist Growth
(Trat, Thailand): A technical task force in tourism sector of the Ministry of Tourism of Cambodia and Thailand agreed each other to resume the shared tourism cooperation on the joint action plans 2019 – 2021, focusing mainly on the 6 points forwards to enhance further tourist growth. This agreement was made in the 5th Cambodia – Thailand Tourism Technical Task Force Meeting on Tourism Cooperation, from 17 – 19 August 2019, at Chang Island, Trat province, Thailand. The Cambodian side led by H.E. Thong Rathasak, Director General of the Department of Tourism Development and International Cooperation of the Ministry of Tourism. H.E. Mr. Thong Rathasak told Fresh News that the two sides had viewed and congratulated for the outcomes which endorsed to implement the certain main action plans, as the spirit of the 4th Cambodia – Thailand Tourism Technical Task Force Meeting and the 2nd Cambodia – Thailand Tourism Ministers Meeting, on 16 – 17 October 2018, at Le Bokor Palace, Kampot province. H.E. Director General continued within the 5th Cambodia – Thailand Tourism Technical Task Force Meeting, the two parties agreed to implement the common tourism cooperation on the collective action plan 2019 – 2021, concentrating mainly on the six point of tasks:
1. Promoting the mutual tourist flows, both Cambodian tourists and Thai tourists, as well as tourists from the third countries to visit to the two nations, together with the implementation of the some related works, including: the travel facilitation, the filling of immigration forms, the border gate transportation, fitness and infrastructures at the border checkpoints, the discussion about the process of the common ACMECS Single Visa implementation.
2. Marketing research and the common tourism promotion “The Two Kingdoms, Single Tourist Destination”. To make these tasks possible, the two sides need to work further related tasks such as the producing of the common tourism promotional videos, the creation of the shared tour packages, the preparation of study tour of the reporters, the organization of the collective exhibition, the reviewing possibility of the tourism video and documents advertisements in the planes.
3. Advancing the southern tourism corridor development, in which include: Buddhism tourism promotion, the establishment of bilateral task forces to view, monitor and develop the tourism sector at the southern tourism corridors, the studying about the preparation of the 1st Caravan Tour (Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, Viet Nam), the improving human resource in languages, focusing on Thai language tour guides, the enhancing the further mutual direct flight connectivity to the southern of Thailand and Preah Sihanouk province, the promoting the travel on cruises, on speed boats, the arrangement of training on tourism officials at the borders.
4. Developing tourism human capital, the training on tourism officials at the bordering provinces on the skills of tourism, tourism destination management, tourism resorts, and hospitality, the continuing to follow up the implementation of the memorandum of understanding with the Ministry of Tourism, Rajamanhala Thanyaborei University.
5. The mutually supporting on advancing tourism investments between the two nations, the discussing on the potentiality in order to invest infrastructures of the waterway travelling, the seeking of investors to invest on Cambodia – Thailand coastal areas, the preparation for the 2nd Tourism Investment Forum, to be held from 30 – 31 October 2019, in Cambodia, the invitation of the Thai party to take part in the River Festival, the International Conference on Cambodia Gastronomy and Food Tourism.
6. Inputting the new actions into the join action plan to submit to the two ministers of tourism of the two nations for approval for the task force implement in the future.
Please note that in 2018, Cambodia gained 6.2 million international tourists, increased by 10. 7%, in which Thai tourists were 382, 317. In case, during 6 months early of 2019, Cambodia received over 3 million international tourists, increased by 11%, in which Thai tourists were 174, 241, increased by 9%.