His Excellency Minister of Tourism Opens Consultation Workshop on Primary Draft of Master Plan for Mondulkiri Provincial Tourism Development
(Mondulkiri): H.E. Dr. THONG Khon, Minister of Tourism and as Chairperson of Inter-Ministerial Committee, presided over in the Launching Ceremony of Consultation Workshop on Primary Draft of Master Plan for Mondulkiri Provincial Tourism Development, on 10th August 2020, by making sure tourism in this province is capable to attract more tourists in order to make contribution to the sustainability of socio-economic growth and the jobs creation.
The seminar was conducted at Pech Da restaurant, Sen Monorom city, with participation from H.E Svay Sam Eang, Governor of Mondulkiri province, deputy president and members of the inter-ministerial committee, mayor, district governors, Sangkat chiefs, commune chiefs, unit experts, and private sector, national and international organizations. H.E minister and H.E provincial governor and representatives from related institutions in the workshop had paid attention to providing views on the key points such as: the setting vision for Mondulkiri provincial tourism development, the setting priority zones (Zoning) for tourism development, the setting key priority strategic directions and the defining institutional mechanism for master plan implementation, etc. Along with this, H.E minister Thong Khon also provided additional views on Primary Draft of Master Plan for Mondulkiri Provincial Tourism Development include:
1. Mondulkiri provincial tourism development is to adhere to the approach for the sustainable and high responsible development “Development Serves for Conservation and Conservation Sustains for Development” to bring about benefits to social – economy, especially maintaining the old identity of Mondulkiri province.
2. Development has to response to vision of national development 2020 – 2035 and years to come basing on present situation and determination of the Royal Government.
3. Scoping the investment – development activities in the 05 wildlife sanctuaries (Phnom Prech wildlife sanctuary, Nam Lear, Lumphat, Keo Seima, and Sre Pok) and cultural tourism corridor and Eco-tourism, Busra – Dakdam, inspiring to have development on only Eco-tourism activities, and natural tourism linking with indigenous cultural tourism, particularly to promote and strengthen better and effective community tourism.
4. Provincial authorities at all levels and skills have to absolutely firm implement to regulations of the royal government in curbing the encroachments on state lands and forest lands to be private properties.
5. Making major tourism resorts registration in the province in order to ensure the sustainability and efficiency of the utilization and development on all areas.
Along with this, H.E minister Thong Khon also encouraged and admonished provincial administration to continue implementing accurately tourist safety measures adhering strictly to the instructions of the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Tourism, especially in time, domestic tourists have been strongly developing, and in the upcoming long holiday need to be paid highly attention to providing qualified and hygienic tourism services.