His Excellency THONG Khon Orders Leaders of Ministry and 25 Capitals – Provincial Tourism Departments to Continue Implementing Tourist Safety Measures to Prevent Covid-19 Infection
(Phnom Penh): While the situation of Covid-19 disease in Cambodia has not been seen a sign of down, H.E Thong Khon, Minister of Tourism, ordered the leaders and officers, under span of control of the Ministry of Tourism as well as 25 capital – provincial tourism departments to need to continue paying constantly attention to strengthening and following the implementation of tourist safety measures. The setting out such firm order was made in the Monthly Meeting to View the Works in Combating the Spread of Covid-19 Disease, at the office of the Ministry of Tourism, on December 16th, 2020. In above meeting, H.E Thong Khon recommended leaderships of the ministry and leaderships of the 25 capital – provincial tourism departments, including:
1. Continue reinforcing the implementation of tourist safety measures at the targets and tourism business bases across the 25 capital – provinces in order to contribute to preventing and combating the pandemic of Covid-19 disease in the tourism industry.
2. Instruct the expertise sections to increase and strengthen tourism products, especially eco-tourism, tourism community, agro-tourism and rural tourism which are capable to become popular and newly tourism products in the stage of Covid-19 crisis; but need to be firmly implemented upon the instructions of the Royal Government and the Ministry of Health.
3. Study and gradually prepare for tourists re-attraction after the world recognizes officially anti – Covid-19 vaccine, while the Ministry of Health is optimism that there will be official recognition on vaccine by the middle of 2021.
4. Need to actively promote online tourism professional training.
5. Strengthen the implementation of tourist safety measures at the tourist destinations across the 25 capital – provinces, in particular small-scale business bases that today have been seen that mostly of them are small-scale and family manner domestic restaurant and food store businesses. At this point, minister instructed additional ministry level – working groups to be established in order to help promote this implementation are available at city– district levels, and need of having cooperation from city – district administrations in implementing these works by having to carry out actively the same as implemented in last April.
6. Enforce the implementation of administrative affairs, civil servant management by incorporating the new orbital implementation procedures – all civil servants have to carry out strictly mask wearing every working hours, keeping safety distancing, when entering needed to be checked heat and spray alcohol, and need to monitor your condition, if having the flu, need to be fare away from others, or having a sign of suspicions of Covid-19 need to meet doctors immediately. As of November 2020, the results of work assessment and labels provision indicated that the implementation of nationwide tourist safety measures is only 1, 416 locations in total that H.E minister alerted a double effort needed to be made, and need to have monthly calculation conducted.