United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) to Assist Cambodia in Cambodian Tourism Recovery
(Phnom Penh): In the 24th ASEAN Tourism Ministers Meeting, to be held on February 04, 2021 via video-conference, Mr. Zhu Shanzhong, Executive Director, Representative of the World Tourism Organization, promised to provide Cambodia technical assistance to recover Cambodian tourism sector. The technical assistances are:
- Provision of technical assistance through China-World Tourism Organization Technical Cooperation Fund.
- World Tourism Organization will cooperate in providing the implementation of ASEAN tourism professional training programme, jobs creation (Start Up) and innovation program in Cambodia.
- Supports Cambodia to host for organizing a 15th UNWTO Asia Pacific Executive Training Program 2021 in Cambodia, as a part for international tourists attraction to visit to Cambodia.
- Continues cooperating in organizing 2rd International Conference on Food Tourism in Cambodia.
- Cooperates with Cambodia in hosting for Conference on Mekong Lang Chang Youth Tourism Ambassador during the end of 2021 which Cambodia will co – organize other events of the World Tourism Organization through Silk Road Cooperation of the World Tourism Organization.
- Supports as technical assistances in implementing a road-map on tourism recovery and promotion plan during and post-COVID-19 crisis 2021 – 2025.
Please be noted the World Tourism Organization supported and praised the Cambodian Royal Government, in particular Samdech Techo HUN SEN, Cambodian Prime Minister, who allowed MS Westerdam cruise ship to dock at Sihanoukville, as noble humanitarian spirit of mankind and on the fight against COVID-19.