Ministry of Tourism Holds “Consultation Meeting on Draft on Tourist Safety Measures for Health Massage and Adult Tourism Center” for Second Step
(Phnom Penh): On the morning of February 18th, 2021 at Phnom Penh hotel, His Excellency Neb Samut, Director General of Tourism Industrial Management and Chair of Secretariat of Working Group for Tourism Promotion and Enhancement During and Post – COVID-19 Crisis, highly representative of H.E Dr. Thong Khon, Minister of Tourism, held a Consultation Meeting on Draft on Tourist Safety Measures for Health Massage and Adult Tourism Center (KTV), Night Club and Beer Garden” for the second phase, with the participation from Mr. and Mrs, as civil servants of the Ministry of Tourism, skilled officials from the capital – provincial tourism departments and tourism business base owners in the capital of Phnom Penh which are a total of about 200.
Stated in the meeting, H.E Neb Samut told the meeting that in the spirit of joining in combating the spread of COVID-19 and to maintain the stability in business operation is required all business bases need to take part in implementing a highly responsible tourist safety measures.
Please be noted that, previously the ministry of tourism laid out tourist safety measures in the stage of the combating the spread of COVID-19 (first step) on the 6 services are the kinds of services which are operating included:
- Tourism Accommodation Services
- Tourism Restaurant and Food Store Services
- Land-Route Tourism Transportation Services
- Waterway Tourism Transportation Services
- Tourism Resorts and
- Tourism Community.
H.E Neb Samut continued the tourist safety measures for the second stage is centered mainly on business bases to be suspended for a while in the stage of infectious disease COVID-19; so in order to make the businesses re-operated is required businesses to follow the criteria determined as following:
1. Tourist Safety Measure for Health Massage includes: 09 requirement conditions, 21 objectives of assessment, 71 points for being reviewed (of which include 55 requirement implementation and 37 alternative implementation).
2. Tourist Safety Measure for Karaoke Business includes: 12 requirement conditions, 14 objectives of assessment, 71 points for being reviewed (of which include 55 are the necessary requirement implementation, and 16 points are the alternative implementation).
3. Tourism Safety Measures for Business Clubs (Bars and Discos) includes 12 requirement conditions, 15 objectives for assessment, 66 points for being reviewed (of which there are 49 needed requirement implementation, 17 alternative implementation).
4. Tourism safety Measure for the Beer Garden business includes: 13 requirement conditions, 15 objective of assessment, 70 points for being reviewed (of which include 52 needed requirement implementation, and 18 alternative implementation).
Businesses are to join in implementing and meeting in all of points of needy implementation will be given recognition label for safety for combating COVID-19 and can operate businesses (ready for putting out when the permission for business re-operation is permitted by the Royal Government).