Ministry of Tourism called for all Capita – Provincial Tourism Departments, tourism resort owners and all tourism community and eco – tourism heads throughout nation to take part in 2nd Sample Tourism Resort Competitive Movement in conjunction with 1st Tourism Community and Sample Eco – Tourism Competitions, under presided over by H.E Chea Bora, Secretary of State of Ministry of Tourism on 23 May, 2018, at Phnom Penh hotel.
In the occasion of Closing Disseminative Workshop Ceremony, H.E Chea Bora gave some recommendations as following:
1. Continue to develop and invest in all kinds of tourism resorts, resorts responsible for environmental, cleanness, and social thinking. In this context, green and clean perspective need to be included into all tourism resort investment projects. Throughout competitive movement “2nd Sample Tourism Resort” will oriented any business to grab the concept of “green and clean” by thinking of green architecture, power saving, waste management and social and moral thinking. He requested all tourism resort development and investment projects shall be a project having thinking of environment, culture and social protection.
2. Provincial Tourism Departments need to promote all tourism resorts both state, private – run resort and community to have sound managers, to have clean structural management and enhance all tourism resorts to have sound master plan, recognized by Ministry of Tourism, and provincial governors. All Tourism Departments are to continue to make their best efforts in developing tourism and community resorts in its locations.
3. Keeping cleanness and green, especially stopping throwing away all garbage under the table under the campaign “My resort, my community, no garbage outside trash”, by not being allowed to use wipe paper and can be replaced by cool towels, or people are hired to pick up garbage thrown away. All resort owners and community heads have to write down educating words not to throw the garbage outside trash, and instruct tourists coming to visit in advance. All tourism resorts and tourism communities need to sufficiently equip with trash and waste management by each kinds, promote to use paper made products instead of plastic as the 1st Sample Tourism Resort Winner implemented in the past.
4. All tourism resorts and tourism communities need to put enough logos both informative logo and directive logos, in particularly directive logos indicating prohibited places and dangerous areas in accordance with standard of Ministry of tourism and along with this, closely cooperation with authorities is needed to manage tourists flow. All tourism resorts and tourism communities need to prepare tourist information centers with practical size to provide information to tourists ahead of going to visit in its locations, and tourism departments need to improve tourist information in their provinces in order for gathering places and information providing places in all corner about tourism destinations in the province.
5. Capital – Provincial Tourism Departments need to continue to enhance all tourism resorts and tourism communities to join in any competitive movement, in particularly this Sample Tourism Resort and Sample Tourism Community.
6. His Excellency encouraged private sector, more particularly all tour agents to organize tour packages and tourists to those tourism resorts and communities throughout the nation, especially to prioritized resorts and winning tourism communities in the two sample competitive movements. We have to prepare local tour packages for citizens, students, private stuffs and garment workers with appropriate price to tourism destinations nationally. Moreover, to be preparing outstanding stuff competition in tourism resort and community management and development that will be provided awards, on the occasion of the Two Competitive Movement Winning Award Declaration Ceremony by the end of 2018. H.E secretary of state also called for all Capita – Provincial Tourism Departments, tourism resort owners and all tourism communities and eco – tourism heads throughout nation to take part in 2nd Sample Tourism Resort Competitive Movement and 1st Tourism Community Competition and Sample Eco – Tourism leading to receiving award which will be handed over in fourth quarter 2018.