HE Dr. Thong Khon: All Preparatory to Host the SEA Games and ASEAN Para Games Must Be Completed by January 2023
(Phnom Penh): His Excellency Dr. Thong Khon, Minister of Tourism and Permanent Vice Chairman of the National Organizing Committee for the 32nd SEA Games 2023 (CAMSOC), reminded and urged all specialized committees that “for hosting to the SEA Games and the ASEAN Para Games 2023 in Cambodia, all our preparations must be completed by January 2023”. The remark was made at an online meeting (Zoom) chaired by Minister Thong Khon with the participation of CAMSOC’s 12 expert committees, on last Tuesday, in order to strengthen the mechanism to monitor the work towards historical sports events, as well as to promote the work of each expert committee by focusing on a number of major tasks, such as:
- Sports skills: Continue to promote self-training plans in the phase of Covid-19 epidemic, preparing to go to China for training, especially to participate in the November 2021 SEA Games in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Setting up the venue: must complete the preparation of the location of all kinds of sports venues next week to provide information to the relevant departments and to the National Sports Federation to get ready for cooperation and to be responsible for organizing from now on.
- The logistics unit must cooperate with the construction companies to accelerate the construction of the sports village to be completed by January 2023 at the latest.
- Opening-closing ceremony: Propose to prepare the Design Master Plan and draft program from A to Z, including the fire carrying run program as soon as possible. At the beginning of the second semester, start discussing in detail, and clearly assigning responsibilities in each section.
- Remind and promote sports, culture and environment educational propaganda, mass sports education, one person plays a sport towards the 2023 SEA Games and the ASEAN Para Games (distributes Logo and Mascott slogans, Sports in Peace to all destinations, events and sports forums across the country).
- Restructuring the Medical, Sports and Doping Committee after Dr. Sdaeng Chea, Chairman of the Committee, passed away.
- All expert committees and national sports federations must strive to follow the set plan, as the time is limited to two years as of May 5, 2023. For our preparation, everything must be completed by January 2023.
- Need to take the participation in the SEA Games in Hanoi in November 2021 and the organization of the third national sports event on May 5, 2022 as a test and rehearsal (the first rehearsal).
HE Dr. Thong Khon emphasized the important points of the above work must be involved to make effective for all stakeholders in preparing to host the 2023 SEA Games and ASEAN Para Games with historical success and good record in This Southeast Asian sports event.