Ministry of Tourism Continues Instructing Capital – Provincial Tourism Departments and Reminds Measures Implementation of the Royal Government, Ministry of Health and Tourist Safety Measures for Restaurants and Food Stores
(Phnom Penh): The Ministry of Tourism issued a directive to capital – provincial tourism departments to strengthen the Royal Government’s, and Ministry of Health’s measures implementation and the tourist safety measures for the restaurant business and service bases and tourism food stores at the same time the domestic tourist movement is active. The Ministry of Tourism’s directive centered on the 7 major directive contents:
- Phnom Penh Tourism Department is to cooperate with Phnom Penh Capital Administration and Kandal Provincial Administration and local authorities in informing all of businesse bases about permission guidelines for normally re-processing the operation of restaurant businesses. Along with this, needs to continue checking and additional strengthening the implementation of tourist safety measures and measures in effect for tourism accommodation service businesses, restaurants, and tourism food stores.
- Capital – provincial tourism departments are to continue cooperating with provincial administrations and local authorities in checking and additional strengthening the implementation of tourist safety measures for all tourism accommodation service businesses, restaurants and tourism food stores. In particular, for above business bases, located in the areas, where the lockdown is applied, the capital – provincial tourism departments need to renew cooperating with provincial administrations and local authorities in resuming the strengthening of the measures in effect.
- Need to continue strengthening strictly and firmly implementation of measures rolled out by the Ministry of Health and the tourist safety measures of the Ministry of Tourism in curbing the pandemic of COVID-19 disease, in particular a measure “3 Protection and 3 Don’t”. All above business bases are to record identities (in particular, addresses and phone number) all tourists and need to register for creating and using QR Code “Combating COVID-19” and require tourists to absolutely scan before entering into their respective sites. At the same time, heat inspections, alcohol spraying, disinfection must be carried out, and tourists must wear masks (except when eating and drinking) and maintain safety gaps in accordance with health principles.
- All of capital – provincial tourism departments are to cooperate with the capital – provincial administrations and local authorities in ongoing instructing all of above business bases to follow up their staffs who are in duty of being quarantined and require all above business base owners to inform local authorities every case of suspicion on tourists being in contact with COVID-19 (after scanning QR Code “Combating COVID-19”) and not to allow tourists and the people who are being quarantined or their samples are needed for COVID-19 test to absolutely enter for services use.
- All of above business bases are to improve better management, in particular need to determine the capacity of maximize carrying enable to receive tourists at the same time by adhering to the standard of safety gap and not to absolutely accept guests beyond this capacity. The gatherings are not to be absolutely permitted. For the necessary case, small group gatherings (as a family) in restaurants and tourism food stores are necessary to be maintained a safe distance of at least 1.5 meters from each other and the number of levels, depending on the specific requirements of the Capital-Provincial Administrations.
- Along with measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19, all of the above business establishments must strengthen the quality of environmental-sanitation services and maintain the prices of products and services appropriately.
- All of the above business establishments must implement this circular effectively. Case of failure in implementing or incorrectly implementing the contents of this circular, the Department of Tourisms shall not allow the business to operate and may face legal measures in force, especially the law on measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and Other vicious and dangerous diseases.
The following is the directive of the Ministry of Tourism: