(Kep): His Excellency Thong Rathsak, Director General of Tourism Development and International Cooperation of the Ministry of Tourism, who chaired the 2nd Joint Working Group Meeting on Cambodia-Vietnam Bilateral Tourism Cooperation, on the morning of 26th November 2021, in Kep province with the direct and online participation (Hybrid) of the relevant ministries – institutions with Vietnamese side, led by Ha Van Sieu, Deputy Director of the Vietnam National Tourism Administration of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
The two sides shared information and experiences on the situation of Covid-19, the tourism’s response to the pandemic of Covid-19 disease, and the plans of respectively reopening to international tourists.
The two sides also reviewed the plan of actions to mutually promote tourism as well as evaluated the work outcomes of the previous bilateral cooperation.
The Vietnamese party praised the wise and sound leadership of Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HUN SEN, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia who has effectively managed the pandemic of Covid-19 and implemented a leading successful vaccination campaign – in particular the country reopening to international tourists and passengers who have been fully vaccinated. At the tourism senior officials meeting, the two countries agreed to mutual promote safe vaccination tourism by focusing on:
- Encourage the resumption of tourists’ travel between the two countries by all means of transportation (land, sea, air), including:
- Promote the flights of VN Airlines and Cambodia Air; – Continue encouraging the self – driven tourism, with a safe travel facilitation; – Being ready for connecting the mutual travelling by tourism ports of the two countries, encouraging private sectors of the two countries to conduct the study on the connectivity quickly and high effectively.
- Conducting a Joint promotion and market research under theme “Two Countries, One Destination” in the international events.
- Consider disseminating tourism of the joint three countries: Cambodia, Lao, and Vietnam in the World Travel Market 2022, in London and Dubai Expo 2022 in Dubai under Cambodia-Laos-Vietnam Cooperation (CLV).
- Vietnam will resume promoting the dissemination as well as encouraging its public and private sectors to participate in ASEAN Tourism Forum 2022, to be held in January 2022, in Preah Sihanouk province of Cambodia.
- Encourage the organization of tourism promotion events in 2022 to celebrate the 55th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Cambodia and Vietnam.
- Cooperate and exchange experiences for tourism promotion in 31st SEA Games, hosted by Vietnam in 2022 and Cambodia will host for 32nd SEA Games 2023.
Lastly, the Vietnamese side showed commitment to participating in the ASEAN Tourism Forum 2022 in Preah Sihanouk province and reaffirmed the encouragement of making a joint plan of action which was agreed in this meeting to be implemented with practical outcomes.