(Preah Sihanouk): Ministers and ASEAN tourism leaders, together with the ASEAN Secretary-General on the evening of 19 January 2022 jointly announced to reopening of ASEAN tourism from Preah Sihanouk province.
The announcement of the reopening of ASEAN tourism has the vision to restore the ASEAN social–economy based on the following guidelines:
1. Launch opening ASEAN intra tourism by making appearances of ASEAN travel gates, and creating Digital Vaccine Card.
2. Determining the anti-Covid-19 vaccine is a key in achieving community resilience towards re-operating the tourism industrial chain.
3. Encouraging living in a new normal inconsistent with health measures and standard operating procedures of each member state.
4. Make sure that tourism services and businesses operate in accordance with ASEAN Guideline on Sanitation and Safety for Tourism Professionals and Community.
5. Foster reliability and confidence through encouraging operators and all tourism service providers in the ASEAN region.
On that occasion, His Excellency Minister THONG Khon also announced to take effect New ASEAN Tourism Logo and ASEAN Safe Travel Stamp “Safe and Warm”, which is a part of the tourism recovery plan.