(Indonesia): His Excellency Thong Khon, Cambodian Minister of Tourism, met for a bilateral discussion with Mr. Sandiaga Salahudin Uno, Minister of Tourism and Innovation Economy of Indonesia.
The discussion was done on the evening of 27th September 2022, during the attending in G20 Tourism Ministerial Meeting and World Tourism Day 2022 in Bali, Indonesia from September 26-27, 2022. During the talk, Minister Thong Khon expressed appreciation to Indonesia for holding the G20 Tourism Ministerial Meeting and World Tourism Day 2022 successfully and highly productive.
H.E. Minister also once again thanked Indonesia for its support for Cambodia to postpone the organization of the ASEAN Tourism Forum 2021 to 2022 in Sihanoukville early last year.
H.E. Thong Khon also expressed his support and preparedness in attending the ASEAN Tourism Forum 2023. His Excellency Minister of Tourism and Innovation Economy of Indonesia also praised Cambodia for numerous achievements accomplished by the ASEAN Tourism Forum 2022 under the chairmanship of Cambodia.
The Indonesian Minister also thanked Cambodia for attending the G20 Tourism Ministerial Meeting and delivered a speech on behalf of ASEAN Tourism, highlighting ASEAN’s priorities in restoring and developing tourism in the future. The Minister also expressed his appreciation to Cambodia for its active works as the 2023 ASEAN rotating chair.
The two sides also agreed to further enhance tourism cooperation, including:
1. Establish a joint working group to implement the Memorandum of Understanding on Tourism Cooperation between Cambodia and Indonesia, signed during the ASEAN Tourism Forum 2022 in Sihanoukville.
2. Promote more direct flights between Cambodia and Indonesia by Indonesian airlines such as Lion Air and City Link.
3. As Cambodia and Indonesia are leading countries in implementing the ASEAN Mutual Recognition Agreement on Tourism Professionals (ASEAN MRA-TP), both sides will push for further sharing of experiences through participating in the study visits and workshops.
4. Encourage the sharing of good experiences in community-based tourism development, ecotourism, coastal development, and management.
5. Both sides will share experiences in tourism development and management in Siem Reap area.
At the invitation of His Excellency Minister Thong Khon, the Minister of Tourism and Innovation of Indonesia will visit Cambodia, especially during the 2023 SEA Games in Cambodia.