The Ministry of Tourism opened a meeting in order to get ready for Sea Festival for 2018 at Koh Kong province
In the morning of 14 August 2018 at Koh Kong provincial hall, there was a meeting in order to get ready for preparing the Sea Festival at Koh Kong province, under presided over by H.E Thong Khon, Minister of Tourism and Lok Chumteav Mithona Phou Thang, Governor of Koh Kong province and with the participation from totally about 100 leaders, officials of ministries, institutions and related departments around Koh Kong province. Please inform that for 2018 is the seventh year of Sea Festival preparation in round 2 for Koh Kong province, home province in preparation of Sea Festival after it was first conducted in 2014 with successfully. By having principal permission from the Royal Government, the 2018 Sea Festival is going to be conducted from 14 – 16 December 2018, and Samdech Techo Prime Minister and Samdech Katipritbandit Bun Rany Hun Sen will attend as the most high preside over in the opening ceremony of Sea Festival on the upcoming 15 December 2018. Following Lok Chumteav, as Provincial Governor, reported on work results and getting all skilled parts in province for welcoming national and international tourists and discussed and exchanged views from the meeting, H.E Thong Khon had calculated and set out recommendations for the implementation as following:
1. Prepare to develop tourism products and prepare tour packages in province by linking tourism destinations with ecotourism communities; in particular having to prepare to have a beach in order to be a new tourism product in the province.
2. Improve quality of tourism industry and service, especially accommodation service, foods, transportation and tourism resorts. More importantly have to promote competitive movement Clean city, Clean resort, Good service and Best hospitality;
3. Renovate and enhance clean, order, traffic, sanitation, clean environment and decoration in the city, especially inspiring the people to participate and welcome for tourists;
4. Get ready for travel facilitation and staying of Cambodian people and Thai in Thailand territory and Cambodia territory via increasing relation and good cooperation between Cambodia – Thailand;
5. Get ready for preparing festivities and other events during 3 days of Sea Festival; such as Arts and Cultural performance, marching, water sport competition, land and air, food and products exhibitions and tree planting. Etc.;
6. Establishing Inter Ministries working Groups to facilitate and process of preparation the Sea Festival and cooperate with provincial working groups